Do you have questions about Dr. Valli’s consults?
Our behavior team believes that in order to improve a pet’s behavior, a group of concerned people can come together to find solutions. By bringing together veterinarians, animal behaviorists, dog trainers and yourself to help your pet, we create the synergy for behavior solutions.
Here are some of the most commonly-asked questions about Dr. Valli’s consultations
- Managing at least 400 cases while under the supervision and mentorship of a board-certified veterinary behaviorist. Dr. Valli’s mentor is Dr. Kenneth Martin, DVM, DACVB of Veterinary Behavior Consultations in Austin, TX.
- Gaining extensive education of normal and abnormal behaviors of domesticated and wild species, as well as on neurology, neuropharmacology, and related topics
- Publishing research in a peer-reviewed journal
- Writing several detailed case reports
- Teaching and lecturing to a variety of audiences including veterinarians and the general public
Once Dr. Valli has fulfilled these requirements and passing a comprehensive two-day, 16hr examination on the behaviors and treatment of multiple animal species, she will have earned the title of board-certified veterinary behaviorist.
Since untreated behavior problems generally become worse with time, the sooner that you consult with Dr. Valli, the better the outcome is for you and your pet. Dr. Valli advocates using effective and pet-friendly behavior modification methods in her treatment plans.
Many times the referring trainer prefers for us to take over the behavior modification for a pet and client. This may happen because of our trainers’ expertise in working with a particular issue, or because one of our classes is a good fit for the client’s or pet’s needs. If, however, you are working with a trainer who is comfortable and experienced with implementing the behavior modification programs necessary for your pet following Dr. Valli’s recommendations, that may work as well. In many cases, Dr. Valli works with trainers and their clients to set up a comprehensive behavior treatment plan that the original trainer helps implement.
Regardless of your situation, working with an experienced trainer who can effectively implement behavior modification methods results in quicker improvement your pet’s behavior and better satisfaction for you.
When you meet with Dr. Valli, she will communicate with your primary veterinarian to gather information about your pet’s medical history. She will also collaborate with them after your consult to share information about her findings about your pet. She may also advise medical tests to be performed for the behavioral treatment she sets up for your pet.
Under normal circumstances, the deposit that you pay in advance will be applied towards the cost of the consultation you have with Dr. Valli. We understand that life happens, and things can change suddenly or unexpectedly, leaving you unable to attend your scheduled appointment time. Please review the situations in which our cancellation policy applies (below) to understand what applies to your circumstances. If you have any questions, we are happy to answer them. Please contact us.
- If you contact us to reschedule your appointment at least 72 hours before the appointment time, your deposit may be applied to a reschedule of your appointment one time only. Scheduling the new appointment must take place within 30 days of the original appointment date. NOTE: If the appointment is cancelled or rescheduled a second time, the deposit will neither be applied to the rescheduled session or refunded.
- If you contact us to reschedule your appointment less than 72 hours prior to a scheduled appointment time, we will be happy to reschedule a new appointment. However, the deposit you have paid will not be applied to the cost of the rescheduled session, nor refunded to you.
- If you cancel your appointment without rescheduling (within 30 days) for a later date, your deposit will not be refunded.
The email address you provide when you contact us may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your pet’s specific services, in addition to receiving occasional practice news, updates and information about related products or services.